Hello all, hope all of you are having a good day..

I have downloaded and configured Tomcat 7. All appears to be working.

I have deployed a war file that currently works with WebSphere 7 and WebLogic
11g.

The first issue I had was with url-pattern. It appears that Tomcat requires
they start with a slash (/). I made the change and I no longer receive any
errors while starting Tomcat.

The following image shows the startup window and that my war is being deployed.
Within the webapps directory a directory containing my webapp is created.

[cid:image001.png@01CBBEEA.D5E12D40]

My initial servlet is called InitServlet and it is marked as load-on-startup
(please see following image) .

[cid:image002.png@01CBBEEB.02716910]

During startup of my servlet I generate log files and these logs files should
appear in C:\Downloads\tomcat-7\apache-tomcat-7.0.6\webapps\allMATCHWeb\logs on
my local disk. After Tomcat is started I am able to access the manager and
admin applications. Also within my web.xml I have a welcome file setup (see
image below)

[cid:image003.png@01CBBEEB.59FBD760]

I have two questions

1)      If I type http://localhost:7080/allMATCHWeb in to a browser shouldn't
see this login.html page? I don't... however I can access it by
http://localhost:7080/allMATCHWeb/login.html

2)      The load-on-start InitServlet class is not being executed as I have no
logs generated or any other startup items handled, any ideas?

I have reviewed the Tomcat logs and have not found any errors or warning
messages indicating any issue with class loading, security access, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help/assistance you may be able to provide.

Bob Jenkin

This mail was sent via Mail-SeCure System.