Can you be more specific about their exact location?: They're stored
in webapps/ROOT/files. (The actual app folder is renamed to ROOT I was
unable to change the app context to the application folder so when the
app is deployed the deployed folder is renamed to ROOT. This is
something the previous admin guy setup/did so I left it the way it is.
Or tried to anyway)

Have you verified that the Tomcat userid has read access to those
files?: Yes tomcat owns everything in the application folder directory
and sub directories thus every file in the webapp directory downwards
is listed as being owned by tomcat.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  I meant what servlet or JSP is
delivering the content? Is it Tomcat's DefaultServlet, or something
else?: Upon looking it seems the Default servlet is the one serving
the files (I think, but I'm no tomcat guru)

What is an example of a failing URL?:
https://www.ourcompany.net/files/company/1392534625.jpg

You should post the <Context> element and WEB-INF/web.xml for the
webapp; there might be something amiss: http://fpaste.org/wAmw/ as for
the context.xml file, everything inside is commented out.

On 11/02/2011, Caldarale, Charles R <chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote:
>> From: angelicos [mailto:angeli...@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: Tomcat won't serve newly created files
>
>> I've looked through the logs also. Nothing about the 404 error.
>
> Turn on the AccessLogValve in server.xml to get some more information.
>
>> Regarding where the files are stored, I'm afriad it's in the
>> deployment directory.
>
> Can you be more specific about their exact location?
>
> Have you verified that the Tomcat userid has read access to those files?
>
>> as to what mechanism is being used to serve the files....
>> Well https download.
>
> Sorry, I should have been more clear.  I meant what servlet or JSP is
> delivering the content?  Is it Tomcat's DefaultServlet, or something else?
> What is an example of a failing URL?
>
> You should post the <Context> element and WEB-INF/web.xml for the webapp;
> there might be something amiss.
>
>  - Chuck

> attachments from all computers.

A Hundred Elephants can knock down the walls of a fortress.
One diseased rat can kill everyone inside