Is the keystore file available to be read/executed by the user running tomcat?

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Mills [mailto:alexander.mi...@psycle.com]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 8:04 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat 5.5.23 with SSL

Hi

I'm having issues with using a signed SSL certificate from thawte.com with
tomcat 5.5.23.

My server.xml contains the following:

     <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
                 address="192.168.1.106"
                 clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
                 keystoreFile="/usr/share/tomcat5/keystore.kdb"
                 keyAlias="tomcat"
                 keystorePass="password" />

/var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out reports the following:

LifecycleException:  service.getName(): "Catalina";  Protocol handler start
failed: java.io.IOException: Alias name tomcat does not identify a key entry

Regardless of what alias name I add to the keystore and modify in my
server.xml, I always get this error.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to why this happens?

Regards

Alexander Mills