Hi,

Previously our Tomcat application can create https requests and send the
request
to other website, which sends response back to our application with required
data.

Now our Tomcat appcation has been migrated to a server that is not allowed to
send the requests directly to the internet, but rather needs to send through a
proxy server, kind of like specifying a proxy server in web browsers.

How do I tell Tomcat that "When you need make a https connection, please do it
via this proxy server"?

I have read http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/proxy-howto.html but not
quite understand it. I think I almost need a tutorial type of instructions to
get it done correctly, like which file to modify, what text to put into
it...etc.

Any one able to help this poor soul?

You're very much appreciated
Conway Liu