הילה

(Interesting: my Thunderbird email client seems unable to remove your name
above...)
Anyway, hi.

Your initial description says :

Until now, we used [b]SQL Authentication[/b] for the tomcat service and
configuration (user and password for tomcat to access the DB was provided
within the xml configuration file, under c:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\conf\catalina\localhost), but! since we changed
configuration to use [b]Windows Authentication [/b](the user that runs
tomcat is now a domain user with permissions on the DB + removed user and
password from xml configuration file), we observed a trend of memory leak,
where it comes to attention by the process of tomcat, which is increasing on
a daily basis.

This is not very clear to me.
This all seems to be happening on a Windows platform.
How exactly then were you previously using "[b]SQL Authentication[/b] for the tomcat service" ? Are you talking about the user-id under which the Windows Tomcat Service was running ?

(To my knowledge, the only way to run a Service under Windows, is under a
Windows user-id.)

Or are you talking about the way in which users of the Tomcat applications were authenticating to Tomcat ?

If it is this second case, then you must be using some additional component to achieve this, because - again to my knowledge -, Tomcat itself does not contain components to perform Windows Domain authentication.

Can you enlighten me ?