Looks like the TldConfig class changed significantly between these versions
such that now TLDs that are under WEB-INF/classes (e.g.
WEB-INF/classes/META-INF) are no longer scanned/processed.

This is an issue for us in development as some of our MyEclipse projects are
TLD library projects that in production will be in JARs in the WEB-INF/lib but
in development get exploded into WEB-INF/classes.  In 6.0.x this worked fine
for us; 7.0.8 has removed this "feature".

I realize that the reasoning behind this was to be more spec-compliant.

My question is whether there is a Tomcat work-around to this to facilitate our
development environment?  I've been poking around the TC source code and as yet
see no way to do this.  I was even thinking of extending TldConfig to use a
subclass as a lifecycle listener (turning off the context processTlds) but (as
far as I've looked at this approach) the methods I'd want to override or call
in TldConfig are private. :(

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Scott