I got a good laugh with your message.

Security seems to be always in the hands of the wrong people.

Once I asked for the algorithm used to hash the passwords (that
happened to be HMAC SHA-1) into a database, if I was going to
authenticate the users, I needed to use the same algorithm. I did not
ask for the key used to salt the hash, I could put that as a parameter
to be provided at install time and use any other key during
development and testing. My request was rejected until authorized by a
manager two levels up!  <sigh> (All I needed to know was "HMAC
SHA-1"!)

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Christopher Schultz