On 05/03/2011 05:59, Tony Anecito wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I only reported what I read on this link:
>
> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/bhaktimehta/archive/2011/03/01/modjk-and-ejb-webservices-and-glassfish-31
>

> Regarding startup I have maybe 6 JAXWS and 1 JAXRS web services and whatever
> out
> of the box services Tomcat 7 has and I get the following message in my
> console:
> INFO: Server startup in 7197 ms

A lot of that is probably annotation scanning. There are ways to improve
that if you want to, primarily by excluding JARs from the scanning. If
there JARs that do not need to be scanned, they can be added to the
tomcat.util.scan.DefaultJarScanner.jarsToSkip property in
$CATALINA_BASE/conf/catalina.properties

If those JARs are frequently used ones, let us know and they can be
added to the default list that ships with Tomcat 7.

The other way to avoid the scanning delay on start-up is to specify
metadata-complete=true in your web.xml.

Mark