> From: peter.crowth...@googlemail.com [mailto:peter.crowth...@googlemail.com]
> On Behalf Of Peter Crowther
> Subject: Re: Can't move files using symbolic links (allowLinking=true)

> > Maybe a guess : under Unix/Linux, "move" (mv) is a "rename",
> > and it is not the same as "copy + delete original".  And a
> > "move" (rename) works as long as the source and target are
> > inside the same filesystem, but not if they are on different
> > filesystems.

> Nice one André!  I'd completely missed that.

Except... I have no problem issuing a shell mv command across filesystems; the
shell recognizes that this is not just a simple rename() operation, and acts
accordingly.  Note that there is no move() API (for filesystems); the concept
is a figment of the shell's imagination.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.