Folks:

I might be a little to this discussion. I have taken upon myself; (don't ask
why I asked for that kind of pain ;o) to review how IIS and tomcat inter
operate and just released in beta a new connector specifically  for IIS7 /
tomcat (though this works in IIS6 as well).

You can download binary code and docs from RIA forge site (I use this for my
projects):
http://tomcatiis.riaforge.org/

The download also has a pointer to source code if you need to download it
and would like to compile it yourself.
I am currently working on automating the install for this.

I did very detailed analysis the existing ISAPI connection methodology and
elected to forgo it and use a more future proof managed document handler.
This has several advantages, one of which it that it gracefully handles
32/64 bit with the same code base.
My initial focus was on providing a connector that is more aggressive in
managing throughput, thus able to use larger IP packets, more simultaneous
connections per client, larger connection pools by default then the previous
ISAPI based one.

I would appreciate any feedback from the members here.

Best,
Bilal