> From: Zbynek Vavros [mailto:zbynek_vav...@cz.ibm.com]
> Subject: Restarting Tomcat & Threads

> I have noticed that when I kill Tomcat (shut down its service)

How do you kill Tomcat?  (Be specific.)

> then after start this thread is started automatically (I can
> see messages about connecting to Lotus in log when I didnt
> start anything).

You say "after start" and "I didnt [sic] start anything" in the same sentence;
you're contradicting yourself.

Tomcat knows nothing about your thread or the connection to Lotus, so one of
two things is happening:

1) Your code is being executed, you just aren't aware of it.

2) Something else is connecting to Lotus and you're mistaking that for your
code.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.