Thomas Freitag wrote:

Hi Chris,

On 18.04.11 um 16:42, Christopher Schultz wrote:
Thomas,

On 4/18/2011 3:34 AM, Thomas Freitag wrote:
Hi Yu

On 18.04.11 um 16:19, Yu Kikuchi wrote:
Hello All.
My Environment of Application Server is:
Apache 2.2.3, mod_jk 1.2.30, JBoss 5.0.0GA
I want to rewrite the Path contained in cookies. For example;
From) Set-Cookie JSESSIONID=794CC361C468123CA1D187B9C5F5FAA5; Path=/foo
To  ) Set-Cookie JSESSIONID=794CC361C468123CA1D187B9C5F5FAA5; Path=/bar
Appearing below is a good documentation about mod_jk,
but it doesn't mention about when I use mod_jk with before Apache 2.2.3.
The Apache Tomcat Connector - Generic HowTo "Reverse Proxy HowTo"
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/proxy.html#URL Rewriting
Does anyone know any good ideas?
Or should I ask ApacheML about this problem?
The recipes in the HowTo you mentioned won't work with Apache httpd
2.2.3, because mod_headers supports the edit function only for Version
2.2.4 and newer.
Using mod_rewrite will probably work with previous versions. Just
speculating, here.

Fixing/altering outgoing (response) headers is beyond the
functionality of mod_rewrite. The other parts work with mod_rewrite,
but mod_headers (with its edit functionality) is an important part in
this use case.

Getting back to the original issue, Thomas seems to be right when he says that if the cookie path is set to /foo, the browser will return it also for URLs such as /foobar and /foofoo. From the Cookie RFCs, i gather that the cookie path is taken as a *prefix*, and /foo is a prefix of /foobar.

Now the issue is : who is setting the cookie path ? if it is the application, and if this is a concern, then I would suggest to fix the application.