Varuna Seneviratna wrote:
On 2 May 2011 23:43, Pid <p...@pidster.com> wrote:
On 5/2/11 7:07 PM, Varuna Seneviratna wrote:
Can anybody Please tell me How to Configure Tomcat 5 on Fedora 14 or
refer me to relevant documentation.I am Unable to understand what is
documented at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/setup.html and
configure Tomcat in order to create a Java Servlet Development
Environment for me at my home machine
What don't you understand?

I don't understand How to do the following
<Quote>
         Unix daemon

etc..

Yes, I understand that this is a bit intimidating for a beginner.

You may have an easier choice, if the point is just to get a tomcat running on
your system.
I do not know Fedora, but I imagine that like other Linuxes, it has a reasonably easy to use package management system. Maybe your easiest choice here is to find the tomcat package in that packaging system, and click on the right buttons to install and run it. You may not get the latest version that way, but it is definitely easier than compiling jsvc. As a matter of fact, the tomcat package for Fedora may already have jsvc in it.

If you are having trouble with that packaged tomcat, the right place to ask would be a Fedora help list.