2011/5/17 André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com>:
> הילה wrote:
>>
>> Hey Guys,
>>
>> My application runs on tomcat 6.0.29, win 2008 R2, which is a VM machine.
>> i use the JDBC application pool., with java 1.6.24 64bit.
>
> OK.
>

>> I have a problem, in which after migrate of the VM machine to another ESX,
>> the application crashes, and doesn't recover by itself.
>
> Well, Vmware is good at that kind of thing, but it cannot do miracles, so
> one would kind of expect such behaviour. (I mean if an application dies,
> Vmware cannot resurrect it).
>
>> I know that after migrate, a disconnection is expected, but in my case -
>> it
>> crashes completely, or alternately until it works (but don't know if it's
>> stable now).

It is not a problem, it is a feature. What is your question?

Anyway, what happens with your application if you abruptly break all
connections between your application and your DB? What happens with
your DB at the same time?

I suspect that
a) at webapp end you will have a lot of unusable connections in the
pool. If you did not forget to configure validation, they will be
replaced by valid connections by the next time when you try to get
them from the pool.

b) at the DB end you will have a number of aborted transactions. How
it handles them depends on your DB.

c) at the users' end whatever they were writing to the database at
that moment was lost, because of b). That is why you see the
exceptions.