Am Freitag, den 20.05.2011, 09:51 -0500 schrieb Caldarale, Charles R:
> > From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net]
> > Subject: Re: ClassNotFoundException WSServlet with Tomcat 7.0.11 on Windows
> > Server 2008 R2 using METRO 2.1
>
> > are you sure that you need to put your libraries into Tomcat's
> > lib directories, etc. instead of just putting them all in your
> > webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory?
>
> From a cursory examination of the Metro doc, it looks like they tried to be
> lazy and recommended dumping all their classes into a shared directory,
> rather than do it properly.  Pretty sloppy, I think.
>
> The webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory would certainly be much more appropriate,
> unless there's something going on under the covers that requires some level
> of sharing across webapps.
On http://metro.java.net/guide/Using_JAX_WS_2_1_with_JavaSE6.html the
metro guys advise to put jaxws-api.jar and jaxb-api.jar - and only those
- into the jre endorsed directory. That is necessary, since those api's
are part of the jre 6, but in older versions.

So the possible duplicate class definitions could come from the fact,
that the older api comes with the jre.

Regards
 Felix