On 24/05/2011 21:25, Dan Checkoway wrote:
> This is super low priority, since I assume somebody is passing junk in a
> Set-Cookie header, but I'd love to get to the bottom of it (I'm of the "no
> request left behind" mindset), and I'm still in the dark about what Tomcat
> doesn't like about what it's being passed.
>
> Can you guys shed any light on what might evoke that "Control character in
> cookie value or attribute" error in 7.0.14?

One of the huge benefits of Tomcat is that it is open source so, if you
know where to look, you can just check the source code to see why Tomcat
behaves the way it does. You have a stack trace so you know the file and
line number. Take a look at line 192 (and the couple of lines above it)
in the following file:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/CookieSupport.java?view=annotate

That file is from svn trunk but it hasn't changed since 7.0.14.

> I still can't get my head wrapped around which ServerCookie.* property(ies)
> to tweak to try to figure this out.

Those aren't going to help you. If a control character is detected in
the cookie header then the whole request is toast.

Mark