Srilalitha Bijumalla wrote:
Hi

            We have an application running on linux, we have a TOMCAT server installed in
linux as the applications web container. We are receiving "No space on device"
error while starting TOMCAT(Catalina.out attached for reference).

            Though we have around 40% space available in /global/backup/ we see
this error message coming.
            Kindly help

The list strips attachments, so we never saw the catalina.out.
Better paste the lines directly in your message.

Even with it however, this is likely not a Tomcat problem per se, and you would get better help from your system administrators. "/global/backup" is anyway a very unlikely directory, in terms of what Tomcat could be using.

My first guess would be that it is the system's "logfiles directory" that is full. Under Linux, this is usually /var/log.
Do a "df -k" and look at what it says for "/var" (or "/", if there is no "/var"
line).