Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 17:58:06 +0530, Srilalitha Bijumalla wrote:
>
>> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>> /global/backup/apache-tomcat-5.5.23/logs/catalina.2011-05-31.log (No
>> space left on device)
>
> Either there's no space left or there are insufficient permissions.
> Maybe tomcat is unable to create logfile, but incorrectly recognizes it
> as a no space left error.
> Anyway, migration to new tomcat version is recommended.

Anyway, I find this /global/backup/ directory name quite suspicious.
And the catalina.out contents show that the problem is not only with the Tomcat
"logs"
directory, but also with the "conf" directory etc..

If anything, it sounds like you are trying to start Tomcat from some backup
directory,
instead of from the directory in which it was first installed.
And maybe indeed that brings a whole lot of permission problems (or maybe that
location is
read-only, or whatever..).

Can you tell us what it is precisely, that you are trying to achieve ?
Has this same Tomcat been running from this same directory before ?

Srilalitha--> This issue got solved when we deleted some folders from a
directory which was mapped to tomcat in conf.

But we are still not able to analyse why this issue has occurred, Disk space
was available and permissions were also provided and tomcat was not started
from backup directory

Need to find how the folders linked in conf could create a low disk space error

The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments is
confidential, and is intended only for the use of the party to whom it is
addressed. This message and any attachments herein are subject to scanning and
may be monitored at any time for review.  If you are not the above-named
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or
disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify XIUS immediately by reply to this
message or by telephoning (781) 904-5000, and destroy this message and its
attachments, without making any copy or distribution.