> From: Mark Leone [mailto:midnightj...@verizon.net]
> Subject: Context Definition Doesn't Work

> My web app is deployed at $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/filePort.

That's the problem; see below.

> So I have the file
> $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/mbp#filePort.xml

And I suspect that if you look in the logs, you'll see there are errors trying
to deploy this non-existent webapp.

> <Context >
> <WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource>
> </Context>

The above <Context> is unnecessary, since that's the default.  Unless you're
planning on adding something else in there, you can remove the file.

> the web app is still reachable at http://myHost/filePort

Because that's where it's located.  Change the location of the webapp to:

$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/mbp#filePort

> Even though it's not recommended, I tried defining a Context element in
> server.xml, inside the Host element, with path="/mbp/filePort" and
> docBase="filePort" but I got the same result.

Good, because that was a bad idea, presumably done as an act of desperation.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.