> 1. What exact version of Tomcat 5.5.x you are using?
5.5.17.0

> 2. It says that it is class loading issue. What jars to you have on
> the server ind in your webapp?
there are a lot of jars i used for this webapp, including spring, dwr,
log4j, mail, esapi, jstl, json, common, activation, .....

> And what version of log4j you are using?
log4j-1.2.15.jar,

> 3. How logging is configured in your webapp and in Tomcat?
using -Dlog4j.configuration=log4j.xml in tomcat startup script and put
log4j.xml in WEB-INF/classes

> 4. Have you tried log4j mailing list?
> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/
No, I didn't try to put in this question to log4j mailing list.

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Konstantin Kolinko
<knst.koli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/6/20 WEIQUAN YUAN <weiquan.y...@gmail.com>:
>> I can run without problem locally for app testPhoenix in eclipse
>> server, but when deploy to linux box, I got error like below
>>

>> 20-Jun-2011 9:19:24 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>> SEVERE: Error listenerStart
>> 20-Jun-2011 9:19:24 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>> SEVERE: Context [/testPhoenix] startup failed due to previous errors
>> log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to
>> error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.
>>

>> This error is very short and I googled online for this error, but can
>> not figure out either.  how to make this error more clarified?
>>

> 1. What exact version of Tomcat 5.5.x you are using?
>
> 2. It says that it is class loading issue. What jars to you have on
> the server ind in your webapp?
>
> And what version of log4j you are using?
>
> 3. How logging is configured in your webapp and in Tomcat?
>
> 4. Have you tried log4j mailing list?
> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/
>
> Best regards,
> Konstantin Kolinko

Weiquan Yuan
Located in Ottawa - Capital Region of Canada
Email: weiquan.y...@gmail.com