How large are the files in question, and how long until the timeout? My app
does *a lot* of file uploading (and downloading), and I have not run across
this in the years I've used Tomcat. That's been since v3, but maybe I've
just never hit that limit.

Also, are you using a library like the Apache Common's FileUpload (
http://commons.apache.org/fileupload/) or have you written your own?