On 11/07/2011 15:10, PJ Delsh wrote:

> Konstantin,
> 1- We couldn't find anything useful in the Apache logs.

Log data is useful.  Even if it doesn't /appear/ to show an error.

> 2- I don't know where in the Tomcat logs or Apache config to look for the
> connector we are using.

Carefully remove the XML comments from your Tomcat conf/server.xml and
post the result into an email here, (after testing that it still works).

> 3- How can we connect to Tomcat via the non AJP (if we are using it) to see
> if Tomcat responds?

By enabling and/or using the HTTP connector, usually on port 8080.

> 4- What can I do with the thread dumps?

Post them here.

> 5- I would like to eventually setup more than one Tomcat to act as a failover.

Woah, there!  One problem at a time please...