On 12/07/2011 21:08, David Brown wrote:
> OK, here is the hogwash. I have already been round-and-round with the
> cloud admin guys with all of their requests for: netstat, lsof, ifconfig
> on-and-on. Anyway you slice it some random network config whether
> correct or not should not be shutting down a server upon boot.
> Especially, where there is no logging to speak of to shed light.

How much more logging do you need? It is as clear as day in the logs
that Tomcat is unable to bind (due to the broken network configuration
on that box) to localhost:8005 for the shutdown port. Just about every
network service I can think of refuses to start if it is unable to bind
to a configured, required address + port.

Fix the network or change the address/port Tomcat is configured to use
for the shutdown port. Any before you ask how to do that, go read the
reply I sent to your first post.

> And,
> this not an AIX but an Ubuntu 10.x Lucid server with all the major
> services running including NAMEd, SMTPd, HTTPd, SSHd, IMAPd, MySQLd and
> others with not a single hitch-in-the-git-along except for TC. JDK
> (sun-oracle 6.26 64) and TC 7 (64) are both fresh out-of-the-box install
> with no futzing about with any config.

With entirely expected results for a system with a broken network
configuration.

Mark