From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:52 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat is not able to connect to IPV4 (Tomcat Version : 7.0.14)

Rohan Kadam wrote:
> I really apologize for the confusion created.
>
> We are having an application, which is deployed on tomcat. Rather we are
> shipping the application with tomcat. After extraction (complete
> installation), the application is placed under the webapps directory.
>
> The logs that I have shared is from the console, while debugging the
> application.

Ok, so I understand that it is your web application A, running inside your
Tomcat B, which tries to access another webserver C.  And application A, to
connect to webserver C, is using a httpclient object for that.
Right ?

> To summarize more, we were facing a similar kind of problem in an
> earlier version of tomcat when we upgraded it from 5.5.26 to 5.5.30
> (We were able to access the link through browser,

What link to where ?
Do you mean that the browser (D) can connect directly to webserver C ?
But that when application A tries to connect to webserver C, you have the error
below ?
(java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect..)

  but not through application). To solve this issue, we modified the connector
tag in the server.xml file.

>       <Connector port="7070"            maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
>                         maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
> maxSpareThreads="75"
>                 enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100"
>                         connectionTimeout="20000"
> disableUploadTimeout="true" address="0.0.0.0" />

Still to make things clear : is this <Connector> inside of Tomcat B, or is it
the connector of the other webserver C ?