From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com] Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:52 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat is not able to connect to IPV4 (Tomcat Version : 7.0.14)

Rohan Kadam wrote:
I really apologize for the confusion created.
We are having an application, which is deployed on tomcat. Rather we are
shipping the application with tomcat. After extraction (complete installation),
the application is placed under the webapps directory.

The logs that I have shared is from the console, while debugging the
application.

Ok, so I understand that it is your web application A, running inside your
Tomcat B, which tries to access another webserver C.  And application A, to
connect to webserver C, is using a httpclient object for that.
Right ?

To summarize more, we were facing a similar kind of problem in an earlier version of tomcat when we upgraded it from 5.5.26 to 5.5.30 (We were able to access the link through browser,

What link to where ?
Do you mean that the browser (D) can connect directly to webserver C ?
But that when application A tries to connect to webserver C, you have the error
below ?
(java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect..)

  but not through application). To solve this issue, we modified the connector
tag in the server.xml file.
        <Connector port="7070"       maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" address="0.0.0.0" />

Still to make things clear : is this <Connector> inside of Tomcat B, or is it
the connector of the other webserver C ?

As, it can be seen from above we have added address="0.0.0.0" in the connector tag, by doing so we were able to connect.
Now, as per the new requirement, we are upgrading our tomcat from 5.5.30 to
7.0.14(Since the folder structure is changed, we are shipping the fresh copy of
tomcat). We have modified the connector tag as we have done for 5.5.30, but
still no success. Please let me know if I am missing something or you want more
information for the same.

Thanks.