There is no "apxs" on the Linux server.  The S.A. confirmed this.  That file
and nothing closely resembling it are found anywhere on the whole box.  Is it
needed to compile mod_jk?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Eggers [mailto:its_toas...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:22 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Binary of mod_jk.so for Apache 2.2.x

----- Original Message -----

> From: "Leffingwell, Jonathan R CTR FRCSE, JAX 7.2.2"
> <jonathan.leffingwell....@navy.mil>

If all the tools are available on the production system (compiler, libraries),
then you do this as a normal user:

myuser$ tar -xvzf tomcat-connectors-1.2.32-src.tar.gz
myuser$ cd tomcat-connectors-1.2.32-src/native/
myuser$ which apxs
myuser$ ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs --enable-api-compatibility
myuser$ make

(where myuser$ is whatever prompt you have for your user id).

Then you tell the system admin where the location is (probably now in
/home/myuser/tomcat-connectors-1.2.32-src/native/), and have him do as root:

# cd /home/myuser/tomcat-connectors-1.2.32-src/native/
# make install

That should get the mod_jk.so installed. The administrator will then have to
configure it (see tomcat-connectors-1.2.32-src/conf for examples), and finally
restart the Apache HTPPD server.

Hopefully the administrator should be able to do that.

. . . . just my two cents
/mde/