On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Alexandra Stylianidou
<alekas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The console doesn't show anything about tomcat.

Are you saying when you type `bin/catalina.sh run` in a console
window that absolutely nothing happens?? There is *no* output
whatsoever? I find that very hard to believe.

> So,what can i do if another server runs on port 8080?Maybe
> the postgresql runs on that port.

That's not what the message is telling you. Does it say anything
about PostgreSQL? It's telling you it's Apache httpd. Find where
that's installed and stop it. Or configure Tomcat to use a different
port. Either will do.

Assuming Tomcat is actually starting up, which hasn't yet been
demonstrated.

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder