@Chuck -- The moment I remove context xml (xyz##001.xml) file, tomcat
automagically removes the corresponding dir from webapps. So that's
not an issue.

In my log file i see the following message

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/07/19 16:11:07 | Jul 19, 2011 4:11:07 PM
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig checkResources
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/07/19 16:11:07 | INFO: Undeploying context [##001]
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/07/19 16:11:07 | Jul 19, 2011 4:11:07 PM
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/07/19 16:11:07 | SEVERE: The web application
[##001] registered the JDBC driver [oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver]
but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To
prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

Currently i am using commons-dbcp connection pooling. I will switch to
Tomcat-JDBC connection pool and see if memory leak message goes away
or not. I will update this thread with my findings.

Thanks all you guys with your suggestion...