My personal advice with the Oracle driver is to put it at the server level, not
at the webapp level.
For instance if you use the query timeouts, oracle JDBC spawns a Thread to
handle the timeouts, and there is no way to properly stop this thread so tomcat
will continue complaining about leaking a classloader...
With the driver at the server level, the warnings will disappear and your
webapp won't leak (or at least not because of the JDBC driver).

Sylvain