2011/7/22 Bobi St <temporaryb...@yahoo.de>:
> sorry, I thought the settings I was asking for, are valid for all OS.
>
> So, I'm talking about Tomcat 7. According to some description, it doesn't
> need JDK anymore. For this reason under Windows (7) I didn't set it at the
> beginning (neither did I install it), so the error came: no JDK nor JRE was
> set (although JRE was set). I tried to set JDK_HOME to jre6 as well, but the
> same error message.
> Only after installing (the latest) JDK, and setting JDK_HOME towards it, I
> could start Tomcat with the startup.bat.

1. Do not top-post,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Choosing_the_proper_posting_style

2. Be specific. What exact versions of everything? Does "version.bat"
work for you? What exact values you are using? What are messages that
are displayed on screen and in logs? Not only error message, but info
messages before it.

3. Once again - read this: