I couldn't say exactly what the difference would be, but I would think there'd
be a significant reduction in disk requirements, and certainly in memory used.
You don't have any of that GUI software even on the disk to try to run it, only
the binaries required for the roles you define for the server.  Might have some
issues installing 3rd party software -- have to do everything in silent mode
with setup scripts.
As far as saving CPU cycles, how many does it really use keeping a login prompt
up on the screen 24/7?
Downside from a tomcat perspective that I can see, you miss out on the
wonderful configuration GUI from the Commons Daemon guys.  I've really grown to
like that tool on my Windows platforms.

Overall, I can't see any reason Tomcat wouldn't run on it, but it might be
extra work getting it installed and set up.  But probably not much more than on
Linux/Unix.

Confidentiality Notice:  This Transmission (including any attachments) may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to
the sender or telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your
system.