On Aug 26, 2011, at 4:10, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

> 2011/8/26 Johannes Ernst <jer...@netmesh.us>:
>> I'd like to do this in Tomcat 6:
>
> Which exactly version of Tomcat 6.0.x you are using?
>

>> Is there some way I can debug this?
>>

> Yes. Debugging is described in FAQ.
> Also see WEB-INF/web.xml for the name of the servlet that performs
> processing of this URL + read the source code.

Well, the code seems to be here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_6_0_22/java/org/apache/catalina/manager/ManagerServlet.java

Method deploy( PrintWriter writer, String config, String path, String war,
boolean update ). Which says:
        if (path == null || path.length() == 0 || !path.startsWith("/")) {
            writer.println(sm.getString("managerServlet.invalidPath",
                                        RequestUtil.filter(path)));
            return;
        }

which seems to contradict the documentation, which claims that I don't need to
specify path if I give it a context.xml file. (And why should I if context.xml
contains a path?)