Hi David,

You need to not only look at the container but it's configuration and the jre
that is being used. There have been a lot of improvements in all areas for
performance. Also, understand the servlet model seems developers have
completely forgotten about it and how important it is.
Also, I always revaluate my design/implementation every 6 months or so and make
changes based on lessons learned. Also, do not be afraid to try something new :]

Regards,
Tony Anecito
Founder/President
MyUniPortal
http://www.myuniportal.com
2010 JavaOne Dukes Award winner (Yes I am using Tomcat :])
2010 JavaOne Outstanding Developer Award