> From: David kerber [mailto:dcker...@verizon.net]
> Subject: Re: Performance for many small requests

> > For small requests having a large new generation in the heap helps.
> > This helps with the short term objects in the heap to get collected.

> I'm not sure what this means, but I'll do some digging.

In theory, current HotSpot GC algorithms should adjust the internal heap
component sizes automatically, but in truly bizarre situations, one may benefit
from manually controlling the boundaries.  Approach any such adjustments with
much caution.  If your GC logging indicates that GC times are not a concern,
I'd leave the finer details of heap management up to the JVM.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.