> From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: Is incoming connection request queue totally ordered?

> As ar as I know, this is something controlled by the TCP/IP
> stack of your host.

And by network topology.

> It is not dependent on Tomcat or Java.

Not necessarily true; Tomcat or the JVM could queue connect requests
internally, and might not maintain order.  (I haven't looked at the code, so I
don't know what actually happens.)

> But yes, intuitively, it should always be a FIFO.

I don't think that assumption is warranted.  Given that different packets
between a pair of IP nodes may take wildly different routes over the network,
there's no guarantee on the order of arrival of TCP connection requests from a
client to a server.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.