On Oct 17, 2011, at 5:38 PM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

From: Nathan Potter [mailto:npot...@opendap.org]
Subject: Re: JspServlet - Unexpected behavior, possible bug...

A new feature has been added to the web application that requires
JSP.  But because an alternative default servlet is defined, this
disables the use of the JspServlet using the *.jsp url-pattern in
the servlet mapping.

O.k., now I think I understand the problem: the servlet spec requires matching of "/*" before "*.jsp", so hyrax sees the JSP requests as well as the ones it should get. But rather than try remapping the JSP servlet, perhaps something like the UrlRewriteFilter (http://www.tuckey.org/urlrewrite/) might be more appropriate. You could set the mapping for hyrax to just "/hyrax/ *" (removing "/*") and configure the filter to redirect or forward appropriate requests to the /hyrax path.

I don't see how to do it without using a rewrite rule for every thing in the top level collection of URL's. I think if you try to rewrite the root of the context that it's going to disable other services you have running.

The problem is that you're rewriting "/context/" to "/context/hyrax" so stuff that was being served from things other than the default servlet (hyrax) such as "/docs" are going to get rewritten too. I don't see how a rewrite rule can avoid that

For example - I have a servlet mapped to the url-pattern "/gateway/*", and previously it's URL was http:/localhost:8080/contextName/gateway if we rewrite /contextName/ -> /contextName/hyrax then the old gateway url will be getting serviced here: http:/localhost:8080/contextName/ hyrax/gateway

Am I mistaken in this?

Nathan

Everything else could remain unchanged.

- Chuck

= = =
Nathan Potter                        ndp at opendap.org
OPeNDAP, Inc.                        +1.541.231.3317