> From: Nathan Potter [mailto:npot...@opendap.org]
> Subject: Re: JspServlet - Unexpected behavior, possible bug...

> by default servlet I mean the servlet mapped to "/" or "/*"

And right there is your terminology problem.  The default servlet is the one
mapped to "/"; anything mapped to "/*" is _not_ the default servlet, but due to
servlet spec rules, it will receive all otherwise unmatched requests, since
"/*" is a longer string than "/"; the default servlet will never see any
requests in this case.

> Having both means that you the same page here:
>      context/
> and here:
>      context/hyrax/
> Which has been the expected behavior.

Assuming that the word left out of the first sentence is "see" (or equivalent),
the "/hyrax" mapping is still redundant; removing it will still get a match due
to "/*" for the hyrax servlet.

> No, but if you assign a servlet to "/" or "/*" it gets call
> foreverything before anything starting with "*".

Not true; "/*" will beat "*.jsp", but "/" does not beat "*.jsp".  Check the
rules in the spec.

Maybe we need to see all of your servlet mappings in your web.xml.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.