you want. But that is not default functionality of Tomcat. You have to make it
yourself.

Ronald.

Op dinsdag, 25 oktober 2011 09:44 schreef "Hodchenkov, Paul"
<paul.hodchen...@oxagile.com>:

Hi All,
 I have used http://code.google.com/p/psi-probe/ to debug session replication.
 So HttpSession attribute is NOT replicated when it is changed without http
request. It's value is changed only on the local tomcat.
 However, when attribute is changed with http request - everything works fine.
 So, is there any way to force the replication of HttpSession?
 -----Original Message-----
 From: Pid [mailto:p...@pidster.com]
 Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 4:08 PM
 To: Tomcat Users List
 Subject: Re: Tomcat clustering session attribute is changed without request
On 24/10/2011 14:05, Hodchenkov, Paul wrote:
 > Hi,
 > Thanks for the reply!
 > -> What does 'stores session map in memory' actually mean?
 > It's ConcurrentMap<String, HttpSession> map which is filled by HttpListener.
I can access session attributes of any user using this approach.
 > Does changes to attributes in HttpSession cause a replication in this case?
Don't know, probably. > What is the benefit of using JMX connection to access the session instead of HttpListener in this case? It means you don't have to jump through hoops to access something that is already accessible elsewhere. p > -----Original Message-----

of any user and change some session attribute). Will this session attribute be
replicated if it is changed without tomcat http request (changed by backend task for
example)?

 > What does 'stores session map in memory' actually mean?
 >
 > Instead of copying session objects around the place, why not just use the
JMX API and the operations on the Manager MBean?

 >  Catalina:type=Manager,context=/myapp,host=localhost

 >> 2)      It's seems that expireSessionsOnShutdown=false in DeltaManager can
solve the problem with
http://old.nabble.com/sessionListener.sessionDestroyed-is-called-on-shutdown-of-a-node-in-the-cluster-td16178701.html?