Hi Raghu,

My guess is that you have changed the logging to use cronolog and as such
the PID being written is actually the logging process and not the catalina
process. Check your catalina.sh file
If you see something like this

org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap "$@" start 2>&1 |/usr/bin/cronolog
"$CATALINA_BASE"