Rajkumar Singh wrote:
Hi Andre

Please find the files as an attachment.

You have to paste the content in the text of your message. The list strips most
attachments.

Thanks
Raj

From:
André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com>
To:
Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date:
10/28/2011 03:10 PM
Re: Static files not being displayed

Rajkumar Singh wrote:
Hello guys,

I am using tomcat version 6.0.29. The tomcat is deployed on the OS
Linux.
I created a war file named ROOT.war and dropped it under the tomcat "webapps" folder. The WAR consists of JSP, JAR, XML and static files
like
images, javascript and CSS.

The tomcat expanded the WAR file properly and I was able to get to the dynamic files of my application through the URL. However what I noticed was that all the static files are not fetched from the server. I get 404

error in my firebug (Using firefox as my browser).

And the dynamic files are shown correctly, no problem with that. Even my

application is making the database call and making right transaction
with
it

Can someone please help me in resolving the issue? Is there any configuration that needs to be done on the tomcat server. To let you all

know, this is the first time I am working on the tomcat 6 version.

To my knowledge, there is nothing "special" in terms of configuration required to allow Tomcat to serve static files, if they are in the right place. (Of course, this applies to a "standard" Tomcat downloaded from tomcat.apache.org; things may be different for pre-packaged Tomcat's from other sources).

To get more help, you will need to provide some additional information.
Since you are using firebug, you should be able to see which exact URL the browser requests for one of these static elements. Give us an example, and also tell us the path of this same element on disk. What may also help is the content of the ./WEB-INF/web.xml file of your application, and the ./META-INF/context.xml if there is one (all comments and passwords removed).

And also tell us where you got your Tomcat from, and where you find Tomcat's "server.xml" file.

Disclaimer The information in this email and any attachments may contain proprietary and confidential information that is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. When addressed to our clients or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail or any attachments is subject to the terms and conditions in any governing contract. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the e-mail.