Hi All

I've been having an issue in one of our production servers. The Non Paged
Pool creeps up slowly until the system hangs and than crash.

Tomcat: 6.0.16
Java: 1.5.16
OS: Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2

This is a production server that uses high bandwidth. Poking around
Poolmon.exe I was able to find that

1. the AfdP tag is consuming a lot of NP (Non Paged) pool.
2. This is a tag concerning the windows socket driver (afd.sys).
3. I have seen an Microsoft hotfix which seems to be related to this issue
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931311 . The only issue is that the afd.sys
file mention in the hotfix is from a previous version from the one
installed. 5.2.3790.4008 vs  5.2.3790.4898

We have many production server running our tomcat. We have only encountered
this issue in two of them, those servers have the same OS/Java/Tomcat
installed. One server uses high bandwidth and the other uses much less.

Here I am mumbling about Microsoft and win socket what do I want from you
guys?

As far as I understand the issue is can happen in 3 areas. The java part
interfacing with the driver, the driver it's self and the network card
interfacing with the driver. I say tomcat because this is the process that
consumes all  NP pool (about 170MB). I would like to explore with you guys
the Tomcat to winsock option

1. Have you ever encountered this issue?
2. Do you know of any application level/Tomcat configuration work around to
solve this issue?
3. Do you think that there is something wrong in the way Tomcat interfaces
with winsock?
4. Do you believe that Tomcat APR might resolve this issue?

Any tip or information about this issue will be highly appreciated, I've
scattered the web and banging my head over this issue for a long time.

Good Day,
qballer