> From: Martin O'Shea [mailto:app...@dsl.pipex.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat memory allocation

> So I could reduce it below 128Mb if I choose. Is there a
> default value?

Yes - for each platform and JVM type.  Use JConsole on a running JVM to see
what it is.

> A job hung earlier and I wonder if memory was to blame
> although there is nothing in the system or server logs
> to say so.

That's what stack traces are for.  Use JConsole or jstack to see what's going
on in a running JVM.  Much better to investigate than throw darts at the
problem and hope you hit the target.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.