Hello,

I'm using Tomcat 7.0 for developing a new application. A key component in
the application have to run an external not multithreaded application.

Since I'm not an experienced user in Tomcat, I wonder which implementation
alternatives do you recommend for running my external application. I'm
trying to avoid launch a new os process from java since I need the result
of that process, so in this way I've to deal communicating two processes
(may be using serializable objects using sockets).

I want to know which kind of approachs are used to deal with these type of
situations.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
HernĂ¡n