> From: Robinson, Eric [mailto:eric.robin...@psmnv.com]
> Subject: Do I Have Java Memory Fragmentation?

> All of this makes me think we have a problem with Java memory
> fragmentation because of having so many instances of Java

Fragmentation doesn't really exist anymore, thanks to paging and garbage
collection.  (Except in very unusual circumstances involving badly coded JNI
methods that pin objects unnecessarily; are you doing that?)

> Can someone recommend a way to diagnose and/or fix this problem?

Look in the Windows logs (event viewer), not the Tomcat ones.  Windows may
think you're running out of memory + swap space.  Raising the -Xmx value for
each Tomcat instance will only make it worse, not better.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.