Do a simple math. If you give each VM up to 384M heap and if you add
some 100 MB for permspace and overhead, you have a consumption of
500MB per VM. Take 1GB for OS needs, you have 15, and 15.000/500 makes
it save to run 30 tomcat instances max.
Since you experience the problems after some running time, I would
assume that you VMs are starting with 128 but slowly take up all the
space, and the later VMs just have nothing to get.
Advice: Calculate your needs exactly by playing with settings
(remember always set Ms=Mx) and watching gc logs. You will probably
need to reduce the number of instances or buy another machine (or put
more memory into this one).
Also, do you really need a separate instance for each webapp? You have
60x catalina code in the heap and everything, which probably takes
half of your memory.
regards
Leon