> From: mandg [mailto:gsca...@federatedinv.com]
> Subject: Is SSL keystore with AJP connector possible?

> I see that the AJP/1.3 connector is configured and not APR.

APR will be used automatically for HTTP <Connector>s if the tcnative-1.dll file
is found in Tomcat's bin directory and the APR listener is present in
server.xml (which it is by default).

> I followed the Tomcat instructions for configuring SSL.

There are two sets of instructions for configuring SSL; one for APR, another
for the pure Java ones.  The two configurations are completely different.

> can I use a keystore for the AJP type of connector?

SSL cannot be configured for AJP, since the expectation is that anything
talking to Tomcat via AJP is doing so over a private, secure network.  If you
are using a front end (e.g., httpd, IIS) communicating via AJP with Tomcat, the
SSL termination point would normally be in the front end, not within Tomcat.

Read the <Connector> documentation first, then the SSL doc.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/ssl-howto.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/apr.html#HTTPS

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.