Hey

Found some more details.

INFO: Server startup in *151496* ms <-- This is my problem

My startup command is:
sudo /Library/Tomcat/bin/startup.sh

I Get alot of this stuff, but I do get DB access:

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The
driver has not received any packets from the server.
    at
    at
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)
    at
com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:1119)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:343)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2178)
    ... 37 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:213)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:200)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:432)
    at
com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:253)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:292)
    ... 38 more
30-01-2012 10:34:08 org.apache.catalina.core.NamingContextListener
addResource
WARNING: Failed to register in JMX: javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot
create PoolableConnectionFactory (Communications link failure)

2012/1/24 Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>

> Francis,
>
> On 1/24/12 4:19 AM, Francis GALIEGUE wrote:

> >> It may be collecting entropy.  Take a thread dump, and see what
> >> the JVM is doing during the pause.
> >>
> >> You can try setting
> >>
> >> -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom
> >>
> >> as a system property.  Note that the apparently extra "/." is
> >> required to trick the JVM into using the alternate random byte
> >> source.
> >
> > I was about to suggest this but wasn't sure that the problem also
> > existed for Mac OS X...
>
> OSX definitely has both /dev/random and /dev/urandom, so I suspect
> their semantics are similar to what I've experienced on Linux systems
> before.
>
> I'm running (on my Mac):
>
> $ java -version
> Java version "1.6.0_29"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_29-b11-402-11M3527)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.4-b02-402, mixed mode)
>
> ... and this is in my java.security file:
>
> securerandom.source=file:/dev/urandom
> #
> # The entropy gathering device is described as a URL and can also
> # be specified with the system property "java.security.egd". For example,
> #   -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom
> # Specifying this system property will override the securerandom.source
> # setting.
>
> There is no explicit setting for java.security.egd.
>
> I've never had a problem restarting my webapps, but I'm not using SSL
> on my own machine, which is the most likely thing to require a bunch
> of entropy on startup.
>
> - -chris

*Oliver Billing*
*Developer*