David Leung wrote:
Hello!  I've looked at the FAQ and tried web searching, but can't find
an answer to this, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I downloaded apache-tomcat-7.0.25.exe today from both

http://www.trieuvan.com/apache/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.25/bin/apache-tomcat-7.0.25.exe
and

ftp://apache.cs.utah.edu/apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.25/bin/apache-tomcat-7.0.25.exe

In both cases, installation went smoothly, but when I navigated to
  http://localhost/manager/html
I got the Manager page in what I believe is Spanish: "Gestor do
Aplicaciones Web de Tomcat".

Anyone know how I can switch this to English, please?

The "do" looks more Portuguese than Spanish.

But anyway..
this looks like a Windows host, right ?
What is the Windows O.S. language version ?
What does your browser specify as preferences when requesting a page ?

.. and then I remember a case from some long time ago, where some other application was setting the JVM's system language property, and it caused the same funny effect. That's because this being a global JVM property, this one webapp setting it, influenced the behaviour of all other webapps, manager included.