2012/2/4 André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com>:
> David Leung wrote:
>>
>> Hello!  I've looked at the FAQ and tried web searching, but can't find
>> an answer to this, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.
>>
>> I downloaded apache-tomcat-7.0.25.exe today from both
>>(...)
>>
>> In both cases, installation went smoothly, but when I navigated to
>>  http://localhost/manager/html
>> I got the Manager page in what I believe is Spanish: "Gestor do
>> Aplicaciones Web de Tomcat".
>>
>> Anyone know how I can switch this to English, please?
>>

> (...)
>
> .. and then I remember a case from some long time ago, where some other
> application was setting the JVM's system language property, and it caused
> the same funny effect.  That's because this being a global JVM property,
> this one webapp setting it, influenced the behaviour of all other webapps,
> manager included.

Andre,

Full disclosure: in this specific case it happens to be a feature of
the Manager web application in Tomcat 7, implemented in 7.0.5. From
changelog:

      <fix>
        <bug>49426</bug>: Localize messages in the Manager application based on
        the Locale of the user rather than the default Locale of the server.
        (markt)
      </fix>

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko