Hi,

As I wrote I'm placing the extension jar in "C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.25\ext".
I tried the following: I specified "C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.25\lib" as value
for "catalina.ext.dirs" property and now the web application is working.

But then I have two questions:

- Do we need "catalina.ext.dirs" at all if we can use only Tomcat's
classpath dirs? Let's look through them instead of introducing additional
property.
- Does this mean that we can use only Tomcat's classpath dirs and we cannot
specify a custom directory for these extensions?

Thanks
Violeta